My Notes from chapter 15 of the CWNA study guide Continue reading “CWNA Chapter 15 – Radio Frequency Site Survey Fundamentals”
I thought I would share my site survey kit with you.
My survey Kit is made up of the following:
- A Power Source:
- AP Stand
- Surface Pro 4 with Ekahau Site Survey software installed
- USB powered USB Hub (as the surface only has single USB port)
- Ekahau Spectrum Analyser
- Fluke Aircheck
- Random UTP and Power Cables
- Marking Labels to mark the AP Placements.
- Duct Tape and Cable Ties because they always come in handy.
- Good comfortable pair of shoes
Unless you want to have to connect your survey AP to the network to reach the WLC (an therefore having UTP cabling everywhere) or carry around and power a WLC to each survey point you will need an Autonomous AP. This Autonomous AP should be the same model that you plan on installing.
This post will detail how to setup and configure a site survey AP.